Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ugh...Money


Woke up this morning to what I like to affectionately call my email "throwing up". Every now and then the JBU alumni servers gets hung up, so I won't receive my emails for a day or two and then all of the sudden they'll dump into my inbox. Well, that was this morning with the last three days of emails greeting me. Smack dab in the middle of the list was one from Bank of America with the subject "Account Has Insufficient..." Oh man! I've been trying to track it and thought I was right around $100 - evidently not! Somehow in my trip this weekend back to Siloam Springs, I went over. So, for the $29.08 that I was over, I got hit by 5 $25 overdraft fees. Ouch! What stinks is that $2 of that overdraft were from USPS when I set up my forwarding address on line - they charge you a $1 to access your credit card and check your address (I had two addresses to forward from). So, $2 there now is $52. I'm going to go in this morning and see if I can at least get that $50 knocked off. I haven't overdrafted in years...so I'm hoping they'll give me a grace and knock off at least some of the fees.

I was reading Matthew 14 this morning, after finding out about the overdrafts, and Jesus' miracle of the loaves and fishes was really encouraging. Thankfully, I have two deposits of money that should be coming that will put me back in the black with my bank account - not by much - but at least not in the red. I don't know, it just really seemed encouraging this morning that if Christ can feed over 5,000 people with 5 loaves and 2 fish, that he can probably take care of my needs - no matter how tight things are financially right now. So, I'm going to trust him that he'll provide and, in the end (regardless of my stupid overdraft mistakes), it'll all work out.

So, instead of getting worried or anxious, I think I'm going to stand my ground there - right next to a God who provides, in spite of my mistakes.

(Image courtesy of Alamo Community College)

No comments: