Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sailing :-)

My dad and brother drove into town tonight and we're going sailing with Marshall Orcutt tomorrow. I'm pretty excited! I've only gotten to go once with Marshall and this time I get to do it with my dad and brother. Yeah! :-) It should be a fun day - my dad grew up next to the ocean, but he's never been sailing. I think he has the potential to love it - so it'll be fun to watch him tomorrow.

Word of wisdom for the working world - don't wait till the day before you want to take a day off to ask your boss. Kim's cool and was okay with it, but it puts him in a really sticky situation for me to say "Hey, my dad and brother are coming up to go sailing tomorrow. Can I take the day off to go with them?" I really messed up when I forgot to ask him at our one-on-one on Monday. At the same time, I'm big on not asking my interns to do something I wouldn't do and that any expectation that is placed on them should also be on me. So, I feel doubly horrible since they're really good about letting me know ahead of time that they're going to be taking time off and then I totally botched it today and didn't let them know till the day before.

So, today was a day that went okay, but also a day of not necessarily doing things right...

...I'm thankful that with a new sunrise comes a new day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So is starting a new blog what people do when they decide to be too lazy to come to work?