Sunday, June 22, 2008

Following Close Behind...Edinburgh & Cambridge


With Queen's first out of the shoot last week, Edinburgh and Cambridge are hot on his heels.

Queen's continues to be the program I'm the most excited about and the one I'm the most encouraged about my possibility of acceptance. Cambridge is my "shoot for the moon" move (yes, in following up to my last post, I did change my mind and am going to go for it). Edinburgh is a possibility and a school with a fantastic reputation - it'll be a hard choice if I'm accepted there and Queen's.

The University of Nottingham also got back to me and they have space available still as well. For those of you that know Prof. Neil Ward at JBU, this was the school he did his MFA at a year ago. He speaks well of it - besides the fact that it's quite the party school - the education was really good.

So, we'll see. I hope to hear back from Queen's within the next week and a half or so. For Cambridge and Edinburgh, I'm waiting on recommendations from Dr. Ericson. Once I get those and Prof. Jason Hough fills out my personal reference for funding through Cambridge, I can get all of those sent off. Oh yeah, and I need to finish my writing sample for Cambridge (I'm editing my senior thesis on the Rwandan genocide) and a picture of myself to send. So, I'm hoping that I can get them all in the mail as soon as Wed. We'll see!

I've started the application for Nottingham but ran into a slight hickup - they won't let me apply for 2008 online anymore, only 2009. So, waiting to hear back from them on how to handle that. Hopefully I can have this application completed by the end of the week.

Don't know if I'll be in the UK three months from now, but I'm sure going to give it my best shot. :-P

1 comment:

Hawkins Family said...

Dan, I am so proud of you! Way to believe in your dream and follow it. I am excited to see how our Father is going to make this come together. 'Cause I know he will.