Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Things Are Always Changing

So, in following, with the story of my life, it continues to change. No longer am I going to be working for JBU this coming Fall. In fact, my last day will likely be the middle to end of July (probably following the AVC camp from July 13-18, right before I leave for a week vacation on the beach with the family.

Where to from here? Well, there's a few options:

United Kingdom - I heard from Queen's University (in Belfast, N. Ireland), University of Edinburgh, and Cambridge this morning that they still have spots left in their master's in history programs. Woohoo! I'm still waiting to hear back from a few others. But it's really exciting, so I'm now going to work like a mad man to get the applications filled out this week. I can't wait to see if something works out!

Little Rock - my parents would love for me to move back to Little Rock, and I would as well. I have a great group of friends there, a fantastic church, and a twin brother that I want to encourage. Also, because I lived there through high school and my parents have lived there for 8 years, there's plenty of connections to look for a job. Or, maybe work with my brother in his lawn mowing business...who knows.

Siloam Springs - or another option is to look for things here in Siloam. There are positions open at the school that I could apply for, as well as a large area throughout the Northwest corridor that would have jobs. As well, I have an incredible group of friends here that I love and that would love for me to stick around. Another option in this area is to pursue a master's at the U of A, possibly in communication.

So, I'm not sure what this Fall holds for me. I do know that I have little to no commitments (other than school loans). I know that I serve an incredible God who's taken care of me up to this point and promises to be faithful. I know that there's a huge world out there with all kinds of opportunities - so whatever works out, I'm excited for the change. I think, more than anything, I'm the most excited about grad school and pursuing a master's at this point.

1 comment:

D. Wo. said...

You finally did it!