Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I've Never Been So Ready for a Vacation

(Courtesy of LightHouseGetaway.com)


I've never been more ready for a vacation then I am for this one next week on Sullivan's Island, just outside of Charleston, SC. I'm exhausted in so many senses of the word - emotionally, physically, spiritually - and can't wait to be able to sleep in late, sit around and talk with family, play cards, walk on the beach, or go net casting with my dad. Saturday morning I'll wake up at 5am to drive the 16 hour drive by myself, but it's going to be so worth it.

I'm so grateful to the Barkley's for letting us use their beach house - without them I probably wouldn't be having a vacation. As well, I haven't seen my aunts, uncles, and cousins in South Carolina in more than 2 or 3 years, so it'll be really, really good to see them again.

It's weird for me to have a week where one of the only things getting me through it is the reminder of next weeks vacation. I lay down at night or get up in the morning thinking to myself, "Where will I be this time next week?" and the answer usually involves sleeping in, walking around some of the old plantations in South Carolina, playing cards with family, swinging in the hammock on the porch, or playing in the water.

I'm so ready for a vacation and so thankful that one's coming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My grandmom used to have a beach house on Isle of Palms, which is right beside Sullivan Island. In fact, we used to go crabbing on the waterway between the two islands (catch a bunch of crabs and eat 'em for dinner). Last time I was there, we saw 3 dolphins and a hammerhead. Pretty cool.