Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Opus...

(A screenshot of the, so far, 120 page manual I'm working on.)

Here I sit. One final night in the Admissions office. One final all-nighter to give JBU. And my final opus. My final gift. My final repayment for all that JBU has done for me. One last way to say thank you. One final assignment to complete. One final challenge to overcome. One really big document.

I'm working to finish up my "Procedure Manual" for tomorrow. Tomorrow's my last day here (weird writing that - the end of a 6 year stay) and my final chance to finish this last assignment. Kim Eldridge, my director, when he began 10 months ago, let us all know that he wanted each of us to create a procedure manual for our position.

So, this is my last challenge and my last task. If I can leave at 5 o'clock tomorrow with this finished, I will feel like I accomplished all that I was given this year in either an excellent or, at the very least, good/satisfactory fashion. I will leave knowing, in spite of the mistakes I made and the things that I learned from, that I have completed what was given me to the best of my ability.

With that, I should return to this...my final opus for JBU (at least for a while). I'm at 120 pages, but still have to write about ERP, Scholarship Weekend, and the Ambassador program, so it likely has another 20 pages to go, we'll see.

I bid you adieu...

P.S. I also turn my cell phone in tomorrow, so, for the time being, I have no phone. The best way to get a hold of me is through email or facebook.

No comments: