Thursday, August 14, 2008

Web-Finds: To-Do List for Google & Traineo

I've come across two really handy online free programs this last week that I thought I would pass on.

To-do List for Google Calendar: Remember the Milk
If, like me, you've ever wished that Google, in it's incredible package of free offerings (email, calendar, docs, analytics, blogger, notepad, etc.) had an integrated To-Do list, then here's a solution.

While Google hasn't offered something like this yet, the website www.rememberthemilk.com is an online To-Do list that integrates with Google Calendar and will add to your calendar what you need to do that day.  Remember the Milk is easy to navigate and has shortcut keys to navigate and add new items to your list.  

Working Out with Long-Distance Accountability: Traineo
I came across this free-be as I was surfing the web for something to track my working out history as I try to add pushups, crunches, and something cardeo to my daily habits.  

Traineo offers a way to track your workouts (& calories burned), your calorie intake, plus other things you can add - such as sleep patterns.  However, while having a really easy to use interface, it also offers an accountability factor which is where it's strength is.  You can add as many "motivators" to your account as you want.  Weekly, these people will get an email updating them on your weight loss and activity patterns for that week.  Then, if they see that in a week you haven't done anything - or over several weeks you've been slacking - it's easy for them to come back to you and say, "Hey, what's going on?  Stress?  Busy? or just slacking?".  I started using it this week and have been really happy with it. 

The beautiful thing for me is that, while I'm moving, my old workout partner - even though we can't work out together - can hold me accountable to be working out. :-)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They also integrate directly into Gmail (if you've got Firefox). It's wonderful.

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/gmail/